At Amplication, we are creating a new standard for development tools, building an open-source SaaS for software development. Amplication is eliminating all the boilerplate, repetitive coding, infrastructure, and other boring tasks while giving developers full control over their code and apps. We help developers focus on what matters.
We are an international, passionate and ambitious team backed by top-tier investors and VCs in Israel and Silicon Valley.
We are a developer-first company. With over 8,000 stars on GitHub, 5,000 followers on Twitter, 3,000 members on Discord, and over 100 contributors, we have a huge focus on community and open source.
Are you looking to join a company that builds an amazing product, by developers, for developers? Do you like the idea of being a part of a team that crafts a product that impacts the lives of developers every day? We want you!
👾 Check out Amplication
👩🚀 Check out our stellar team
At Amplication, teams are cross-functional and have full ownership of their domain. We aim for continuous delivery, a smooth developer experience, top-tier code, high quality processes and an excellent, outcome-driven engineering culture.
As the first full-time Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be the owner of our platform. We take Ops very seriously at Amplication, which is why you will be reporting directly to our VP of R&D. You will get all the support you need to lead and make sure our cloud infrastructure is robust and scalable, our pipelines are smooth and fast, and our workflows are effective.
- Lead the DevOps practice with a lot of ownership and room to grow, as our first full-time in-house DevOps Engineer.
- Ensure performance and availability of the Amplication Cloud (our SaaS offering) infrastructure.
- Implement developer productivity tools and methodologies, such as remote development environments.
- Play a leading role in developing the company's DevOps practices to enable smooth and continuous delivery.
- Respond to infrastructure-related incidents promptly.
- Optimize security, performance, availability and scalability.
Our Tech Stack
- Cloud: We use Amazon Web Services (AWS), and run our workloads on Kubernetes (EKS).
- Continuous Integration (CI): We use GitHub Actions for automated tests and CI checks, as well as building and publishing Docker images.
- Continuous Delivery (CD): We are in the process of implementing a GitOps setup with ArgoCD.
- Infrastructure as Code: We have a neat Infrastructure as Code setup using Terraform, Helm and Argo manifests.
- You are a self-starter. You are motivated by nature, and motivate others.
- You are passionate about developer experience above all.
- You are an excellent communicator and feel comfortable working in a remote-friendly setup.
- You are able to communicate in English clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- You have experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and Pulumi.
- You are well-familiar with the Kubernetes ecosystem and have operated Kubernetes clusters in production.
- You have experience operating, monitoring and optimizing cloud infrastructure in production using one of the major cloud providers (preferably AWS).
- You have experience working with CI/CD pipelines using tools such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins, GitLab CI, CircleCI etc.
- (Bonus) Experience with remote development environments (e.g. Tilt, DevSpace, Okteto, Skaffold, Telepresence etc).
- (Bonus) Experience with GitOps (preferably ArgoCD).
- Incredible growth opportunities in a fast-growing startup.
- Access to open-source activities, conferences and professional training.
- International, remote-first work environment.
- Competitive salary and overall compensation package.
- Top-of-the-line Mac and other equipment to help boost your productivity.
- Direct impact on developers and the open-source community worldwide.
Amplication is an international, remote-friendly company. We accept applications from the following locations:
- Israel (hybrid, our HQ office is located in Tel Aviv)
- Europe (fully remote)
At this point, we cannot accept applications from other locations.